We are seeking a recently qualified chartered accountant with some experience of personal tax, who is now looking to specialise in that area, to join our private client team based in the centre of Bath.
The private client department deals with the personal tax affairs of a wide range of individuals as well as trusts and estates. We were one of the first accountancy practices in the area to be licensed to provide probate and estate administration services to our clients.
In joining our team of private client specialists, you will gain a broad experience in many areas of personal tax as well as the opportunity for you to expand and develop your knowledge. Some of the types of work you would be involved with include:
- preparing personal tax returns for high-net-worth individuals, non-residents, landlords, business owners and many others.
- preparing accounts for unincorporated businesses
- preparing income from property accounts
- providing planning advice to clients.
- ensuring tax compliance
- preparing inheritance tax forms
- dealing with probate applications
- preparing estate accounts
Being licensed to offer probate services means that we can offer a “cradle to grave” service to our clients. We have a broad range of clients spread not only throughout Bath and Wiltshire but all over the UK and the rest of the world. Many of our clients have been with our firm for several decades and we believe in fostering lasting relationships. Our ethos is to add value and to deal with our clients’ affairs as we would our own. We want our clients to see the benefits of our personal service, our pride in our work and having continuity with their affairs.
To provide this high-quality service we need individuals who take pride in their work, want to build long-lasting relationships with clients and are interested in building their knowledge and expertise. There is always something new to learn in tax!
The role is full-time and is wholly office based, where you are best place to learn from your colleagues and gain valuable experience.
There will be the opportunity to study towards either the CTA and/or probate qualification for suitable candidates.
You will be joining a regional accountancy firm that enjoys a strong reputation for providing quality service. We want to help you reach your full potential, deliver the best possible service to our clients and for you to enjoy working as part of a friendly and dedicated team.
Salary and benefits include:
- A competitive salary with a performance-based review every six months
- free car parking
- 33 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy or sell up to five days of holiday a year
- Free death in service benefit of four times annual gross salary
- Contributory pension scheme (the firm will contribute 3% of salary)
- Health and Wellbeing Programme with Simply Health
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions