We are recruiting for an Accounts and Tax Manager to join our team in our Trowbridge office. We offer a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
You will be joining a regional accountancy firm that enjoys a strong reputation for a high quality service. We strive to deliver the best possible service to our clients and for you to enjoy working as part of a friendly and dedicated team.
We are looking for an Accounts and Tax Manager with experience of working in an accountancy practice and who can take on a portfolio of clients and report directly to a Partner. The chosen candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills, be confident in providing support and advice to our clients, have strong IT skills and a good understanding of accounting packages including Sage, Xero and QuickBooks etc.
In joining our team in this role, you will have the opportunity to take on a portfolio of clients and to liaise directly with the clients and report to the Partners. There is also the opportunity for you to expand and develop your knowledge in Accounts and Tax. Some of the types of work you would be involved with include:
- preparing and/or reviewing tax computations and tax returns for sole-traders, partners and partnerships, landlords, and other individual personal tax clients
- reviewing accounts for unincorporated businesses and liaising directly with the clients concerned
- preparing/reviewing income from property accounts and tax computations
- preparing/reviewing VAT Returns and liaising directly with clients in this connection
- providing tax planning advice to clients
- ensuring tax compliance
- overseeing and reviewing work prepared by other members of staff and liaising directly with other staff members
- generally being the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients in order to deal with any queries they might have
Whilst the majority of the work would be in connection with unincorporated businesses and individuals, there is also the opportunity to prepare and review limited company Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns and liaise directly with such clients.
To provide this high-quality service we need individuals who take pride in their work, want to build long lasting relationships with clients and who are interested in building their knowledge and expertise. The role is full time (or possibly 4 days per week) and is wholly office based. If applicable, there will be the opportunity to study towards the CTA qualification for suitable candidates.
Salary and benefits include:
- A competitive salary with a performance-based review every six months
- Free car parking
- 33 days annual leave with opportunity to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year
- Free death in service benefit of four times annual gross salary
- Contributory pension scheme (the firm will contribute 3% of salary)
- Health and Wellbeing Programme with Simply Health
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions.